E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Mikaels M3 E46 turbo 1046 whp

73K views 286 replies 70 participants last post by  lrinco01 
#1 ·
Today i dynoed his M3 to 1046 whp at 30psi with the new Precision 8285R turbo 1.12 A/R H-cover. It would have put out some more with the GT42 cover and 1.28 A/R but there are no space for that:(
With some vanos tweaking it made 19 psi at 4800 rpm on third gear on the street so it´s not laggy at all:thumbup:
With stock vanos settings it had 19 psi at 5800 rpm:thumbdwn:

I also weighted it on my intercomp scales to 3740 lbs with driver. So the 4000 lbs was not on a correct scale.

9 sec runs this year?:p

Here are the dyno movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNiP0dHe__0&feature=youtu.be

#2 ·
Today i dynoed his M3 to 1046 whp at 30psi with the new Precision 8285R turbo 1.12 A/R H-cover. It would have put out some more with the GT42 cover and 1.28 A/R but there are no space for that:(
With some vanos tweaking it made 19 psi at 4800 rpm on third gear on the street so it´s not laggy at all:thumbup:
With stock vanos settings it had 19 psi at 5800 rpm:thumbdwn:

I also weighted it on my intercomp scales to 3740 lbs with driver. So the 4000 lbs was not on a correct scale.

9 sec runs this year?:p
Beast!! :thumbsup::evil:

Good to know about the vanos! Some people were saying that is good to leave it in stock settings but i guess not ;) :thumbup:

#8 ·
Good to know! This is the forum that i like with knowledgeable people ready to give info and help :thumbup:

#9 ·
Nice work! :thumbsup:

What turbo did you have on it at the track?

#11 ·
What boost were your running at the track with that one? What did it dyno?

#24 ·
Who have told you that you wouldn´t gain anything? Sounds like something a guy that can´t control the vanos would say. You also have to control the vanos vs boost if you want the max spool.
;)

btw Andreas check your messages :)

#164 · (Edited)
I'm controlling the Vanos on my car...I haven't seen any gains over stock. Just because you gain spool, doesn't mean you gain power. You could achieve the same thing by retarding the ignition to gain spool, but you lose power from the loss of timing. The stock V-Cam settings work VERY well when the stock ECU is happy enough to keep them maximized.

Andreas,

BMW put vanos by fault :bump:

You and I dont know about bmws. But proefi and saad know everything about bmws.

Whoever says vanos does not improve spool is either a liar or is not capable of changing vanos settings.

I remember proefi was not able to change vanos settings.
can we get an end user's approval that proefi does control vanos?

You ve been on the BMW scene since 20 years.
Proefi and saad are new kids on the block.

Real BMW enthusiasts know your value. keep up the good work Andreas.

#32 · (Edited)
Attitude? Wise guy? Whatever...LOL

I can show you proof...why? Because I have done the testing to show it. Not only with BMW's but with SEVERAL other platforms.

It's really easy to make statements and not back them up with data, but that doesn't fly with me. You can get by with that with the people who don't do this stuff or do the testing to prove their statements, but not with me. My testing disagrees with yours. So, if you want to back up your statements, then post proof...I did, why shouldn't you have to?

I encourage EVERYONE to do the testing themselves...don't take my word for it either. You just have to know how to do the testing properly, you can't start upsetting the stock ecu by removing sensors and expect it to run the cams in an optimal position. The cams move based on volume of air. They use this to optimize airflow through the engine on power demand. They ALSO use cam movement to reduce power when things aren't what they want.

1040 hub hp....your making about 50 more hp with an 82mm turbo than I make on my car with an 67mm turbo. :thumbup: All I have to do to beat that number is push a button! :)

#33 · (Edited)
I have plenty of friends! :) Maybe everyone here is happier believing whatever they are told...
Brand identity can be a problem for some people :eeps:

The Swede's now posting on the forum may not be aware of the crap that has transpired here. It's not arrogance, but to some extent vindication.

#35 · (Edited)
He was an engineer for AEM. Tuning a car is the same for any make and model if you understand the theory.

Someone who designs Engine Management Systems most likely learned engine theory a long time ago.. just saying. A good tuner doesn't see makes and models.. he just sees data.

Yes.. there is some chest thumping going on, but you Swede's need to understand you've come to this forum during a civil war of sorts.

You should already know us American's like to fight.
LMAO....this post get's the funniest post award for the month! :)

In all seriousness...no disrespect at all...

You HAVE to back things up with data. We have been down this road so many times.... people think because it's in writing (I.E. everything on any forums) that it's a fact. It just doesn't work that way. I can't tell you how many times people have posted something up as fact that couldn't be further from.

#36 ·
LMAO....this post get's the funniest post award for the month! :)
Well it's true haha.

If we wanted to have an intellectual discussion about what has happened to this sub-forum it could easily be described as a civil war.

You have a sub-forum where one group (HPF) have dominated the discussion for a long time. That has created a brand following. Chris should be applauded for this brand identity among his customers. The type of brand admiration HPF has enjoyed is something we PR people strive for but quite often don't manage to achieve.

Now another group (ProEFI/SAAD/SP) has come in and challenged the balance of power. It has caused ego's to clash, tempers to flare and people to take sides. This is normal human behavior. You would see the same kind of interaction at any street race or car meet.

Now you have a third group (Swedes) jumping into the middle of an already contested fight.

In the end, respect will be won on the track with time slips and videos. Eventually a clear front runner will emerge and that will shift the balance of power.

Will someone new come along and challenge the new balance of power? Nobody knows... and that's what makes this so exciting.

#37 ·
Yes.. there is some chest thumping going on, but you Swede's need to understand you've come to this forum during a civil war of sorts.

You should already know us American's like to fight
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao: This is sooo true!! lol Andreas you should stay around its gonna be a good year :) Its just like Faelar said there has been war going on on these forums for last couple months so everyone is lil jumpy :D:D

#39 ·
Yes, I am, not because you need to, it's because it SEEMS that's what everyone wants. We are also taking control over the throttle as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.