E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My LSB Build Thread.. (v2.0) ProEFI/Saad Racing

160K views 976 replies 131 participants last post by  MarcusLSB 
#1 · (Edited)
First of all.. fresh start. I don't want to discuss anything about whats transpired.. this isn't about that. I will discuss whats being done moving forward though.

I'm doing everything I can to get the car by Friday morning and have it to Saad/ProEFI by Sunday morning. This is not going to be an easy feat but I have some local friends assisting with lending me a trailer, and one is meeting me off the 5 on the way back from Portland to asssist with the drive back down to Phoenix (aka a relay race where he takes the wheel and I catch up on work/sleep while he drives the next 10hrs)...

There have been countless emails, pm's, facebook messages and even phone calls from people supporting me and offering assistance with parts, labor, anything I need.. seriously.. you guys are awesome. I can't thank you enough! Never have I seen such a great group of people join in for a cause.. I guess thats why they call us fanatics.

So my plan .. and god willing.. is to have the car at MFest. It is going to take a serious miracle to make it happen.. but let me say that already the amount of private support from many who'd like to remain unnamed as they don't want to feel like their exploiting a situation.. is emense.. I wish I could thank them in the threads but almost all of them have asked that I not mention their names.

Regardless.. I think its possible to make MFest... and I'm hoping to set a world record 9 second pass.

Jason and I have got some trick stuff we're going to try.. but its going to remain a full weight, full caged, getrag 6 speed and will be running on slicks.

Let the games begin! :excited:

PS: Extra special thanks to ProEFI and Saad for offering to help me with this!!

See less See more
#32 ·
Well I think he wanted Rods, Pistons, and a Block but didn't get that :rofl:

Hahah jk, we also want it to be done by MFEST!

#33 ·
Marcus, glad to hear you are be in town and have the car ready for MFest. BTW, I was supposed to be after Lawrence (my stage 3 upgrade) but I told Jim @Saad that I would wait and have your car done first. Especially since all the drama that you have been though.

Cant wait to see your car running and you back on the road! :thumbsup:

#41 · (Edited)
Marcus,

You've been one heck of a guy to work with thus far, and we here at Lutz Performance (comes from everyone Shawn,myself and the rest of the crew) wish you the best!

Not 100% sure yet if I'll make it to Mfest, but I cant wait to see the results from this new build, and finally see a smile on your face as your burning rubber and enjoying yourself at the track, thats what matters most!

As you already know, if there is ANYTHING we can do to help, you know you have our support. If your free, our team, will be in CA with our Formula Drift 350z that will be running at long beach, and we'd love for you to stop by and hangout if you have time.

Good luck brotha! We can't wait to see this thing in action!

#47 ·
Thanks Andrew! Its been a long time coming! Pleasure working with you guys as well! So when can we buy our tickets for Tampa! Trevor and I are looking forward to some warm weather, top down.. South Beach/Keys cruising breaking that beast in!

Even though you made the decision to go with ProEFI/Saad, we look forward to seeing you on Friday and hope to see you run a 9 at MFest.

Take care,
Chris.
I'll be there with bells on and sleep deprevation to tow my turd to Arizona. :) But no seriously.. judging by how you looked in that update video.. (and I don't mean that as an insult) it looks like it wasn't an easy decision for you either. I imagine there's more to it and we'll just leave it at that and go our respective ways.

:facepalm:
Bah... my cars a turd.. a lemon.. its like a horse with a broken leg.. Chris had to put it down. Its in a better place now, waiting for its afterlife.

So exciting!!
I'm pretty excited too!

#51 ·
Watch. That's all I can say. I got a Canon 7D with my free Credit Card reward points and it just arived today. Maybe I'll make a short movie about it.. its going to be tough.. but when a community gets together and a group of talented people all step up to help mountains can be moved. I'm not gaurunteeing anything obviously.. but I will be doing everything in my power to make it happen. People like Jim allowing me to bud in line is huge.. and I'm gracious for that!

Marcus, you are my idol! I wouldn't give Chirs the timeof day after how treated you and how much money you dumped at HPF. You have taught me a very valuable lesson. I am sure karma will take it from here.
Haha, stop it.. you're giving me an ego. :p I have/hold no grudges..

#55 ·
Watch. That's all I can say. I got a Canon 7D with my free Credit Card reward points and it just arived today. Maybe I'll make a short movie about it.. its going to be tough.. but when a community gets together and a group of talented people all step up to help mountains can be moved. I'm not gaurunteeing anything obviously.. but I will be doing everything in my power to make it happen. People like Jim allowing me to bud in line is huge.. and I'm gracious for that!

Haha, stop it.. you're giving me an ego. :p I have/hold no grudges..
Wow u got a 7D with points that is great! I have the same camera and I love it! We need to take some photos together when everything is done!!!

#50 ·
Marcus, I've always been impressed by your car and have looked at it as a sort of goal to get an M3 and have it built the same(ish) way. To tell you the truth, I didn't even like ADVs till I saw them on your car and thought - yeah, that works. You've been a stand up class act during all this, I wish I had half the patience you do. Good luck with it, can't wait to see the final outcome!

#52 · (Edited)
Those ADV's took six months, to build and had to be sent back n forth to ADV like 3 times after having some botched issues with them.. but in the end they turned out GREAT and I'm really happy with them! :)

Edit: Not sure if I'm allowed to shout out non-sponsored vendors but Sonic MS is who I bought them from. Talk to Cal over there if you need any wheels (any brand, Morr, Cor, ADV, HRE, Etc) they're SUPER stand up guys. They're also at MFest every year.

#61 ·
Congrats on the fresh start Marcus! Version 2.0 is going to be breaking into the 9's for sure. I can just feel it! Actually to be honest, there have been so many versions of your car, 2.5, 3, 3.25, AEM, Pro-EFI. But doesn't MATTER! (lol) This version will be the best! Best of luck bro.

#79 ·
After reading thru everything I'm truly happy to hear that you are moving on with your build, I'm sure it will be unique, efficient and finally will fulfill the vision you've always had for this car. You deserve nothing less than excellence given what you've endured and didn't once change being the person you truly are amazing!! I'll certainly stalk this thread for updates its an exciting time!!

#80 ·
Thanks guys, I'll share more info as I know it.

I'm thinking I'll name the stage AFTER Mfest. :p

I'm not sure what power we're aiming for yet. I'd like this engine to be built a little differently to withstand a little more.

I'm about to be on the road for 40 hours straight. I'll post some photos of my boring ass road trip. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.