E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Bay Area~ Amateur Detailing!

23K views 48 replies 21 participants last post by  YoitsTmac 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I started out detailing just my own cars and now I have all these supplies sitting around..

I am willing to detail cars for a nice affordable price! I, only use quality products like the Porter Cable 7424XP, Lake Country Pads, XMT, Meguiars, Mothers, 3M, Menzerna, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, 303, Griots Garage and Wolfgang! (I hope to expand my line up with some more stuff when I can gauge some interest)

I am NOT a professional detailer, however your car will look much better and very close to perfect! I'd guess around 80-95% paint correction will be achieved on most cars. I'm positive that your car will stand out from the rest of the car's on the road and it will have a nice coat of sealent and wax to protect the paint! -I will also vacuum, shampoo, and condtition the seats!

I am located in the East Bay Area and will take maybe 2 days to perform a full detail on a car. I will take my time and not rush anything, no corners will be cut.

Pricing: A bmw 3 series will around vary for a full interior and exterior detail. Just shoot me a PM or call/text me @ 510-323-5982 pricing does vary!!

-I spend at least 10 hours or so on a FULL detail.
Wash
Clay Bar
Wash
Compound (if necessary) with Porter Cable buffer
Heavy Polish with Porter Cable buffer
Light Polish with Porter Cable buffer
Sealent (by hand)
2 coats of wax (by hand)

Interior:
Scrub down the carpet (by hand)
Clean seats
Conditioner on seats
Wipe down everything and vacuum
Clean glass/windows

Contact for me accurate pricing and/or ANY questions!

jordan_johal@hotmail.com 510-323-5982call or text!

I check my e-mail maybe 2 or 3 times a day, so I will respond quickly.

taped up, so no polish will stain the trim! Also, I use 2 500w lights to find those nasty paint imperfections and tackle them!

done!

The wheels also get cleaned and a coat of wheel sealent put on

The paint wasn't bad at all.. He detailed it himself a few months ago but wanted some overall cleaning of the interior and two coats of chemical guys wax to give the car that nice lustrous pop!

ps, remember.. I can only clean the carpets so much, I can't make coffee stained tan carpets perfect again.. Especially if the stain has been there untouched for the passed few years

I get to work nice and early :woot:

50/50, obviously the left side wasn't that bad to start with..

:thumbup:

See less See more
#6 ·
here's a little glimpse of what I have :thumbup:

It's not a bunch of cheap armor all stuff or anything like that.. It's all very high quality :woot:

I may start mobile detailing soon.. You will cover gas costs on top, and I will need acces to a garden hose and a garage with enough space to fit the car, and a good few feet around it so I can work.

#11 ·
Bump, just did E46 330i sedan.

I'll post pics soon! I forgot to take afters, so I'm just waiting for the owner to send me some pics. - Totally my fault :(

However, my cousin and I are offering a service where we will detail, do a full photo-shoot of the car, and we can get the photos printed and framed for you!:woot:

Shoot me a PM :thumbsup:

#12 ·
Looking good. :thumbsup: Keep it up.

I remember the good old days when I started with a Porter Cable. Good results, but when I had enough experience and switched to a rotary, not only did it make the whole process faster, but the end result was perfection.

#15 · (Edited)
I forgot to mention we have two porter cables on board :woot:

I think I may purchase the Makita rotary polisher in the near future if this work stays busy

and thank you for the compliment!

wow i definitely wish you were in socal, id have 3 cars for you to detail without hesitation!
Thanks man!
where in the east bay are you?
El Sobrante.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have ANY questions!

#16 · (Edited)
alrighty!:woot:

We have a 2005 GMC Sierra (black) full size pick up truck. Including a camper shell on the bed.

Needs everything! This should be fun:excited:

It will be arriving tomorrow and spending the night with us, in our covered garage :thumbup:

Interior is clean but will still be addressed, the main priority is the exterior and engine clean!

Cleaned my dad's E39 a few weeks ago. Here is an after shot

#17 ·
We (my cousin and I) are also offering photo shoot services! We can work out a package to have your car detailed, photographed, and printed + framed copies of your car!!

Just feel free to shoot me a pm

Here are a few pictures of my cousins portfolio!

For example, he made a craigslist ad for his cousin then his photos were featured on a photo site!

http://fstoppers.com/want-to-sell-so...t-look-amazing

here is link to his photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4511497...th/6159600257/

here are the shots of that 330i we did. The paint looked very dull and flat. Needed a good polish to bring her back to life. I basically focused all my time on the outside of the car as the owner requested.
The car was:
washed
clayed
compounded (paint correction)
fine polished
rinse
Jet seal- 2 coats
Wax
Wheels cleaned and dressed
Windows cleaned
Interior vacuumed
Aerospace protectant on dash and plastics
Engine and door jambs cleaned!

AFTERS

note the trim is much darker!

owner sent me this pic. The exhaust tips look like some water got on them, however they are protected now so it will just wipe off :) And, you get the idea of how clean they are!

much more shine!

#21 ·
We have over 15 pads.

And, I'd say we have a fairly wide range of products. I'll post up new pictures of our product line-up. We practically doubled it from what I originally posted.

And for the 50/50 shots.. We are doing a 2005 GMC Sierra Full size pick up, and we remembered to take a bunch of 50/50 shots. We will post the pictures when we finish!

#22 · (Edited)
2002 M5

The goal was to just fous on the outside.

the process:

Wash
clay
compound (loose those swirls!)
Menzerna SIP (bring some depth back)
Chemical Guy's Blacklight (nice "wet" look on the paint)
Wolfgang's 3.0 deep sealant
Dodo juice Rain-forest rub wax
Dodo juice Hard candy wax
(Yes, I used to different waxes for the best possible shine lol)

Exhaust was cleaned, and some #0000 steel wool

Time spent around 12~13 hours

pics will be up momentarily...

http://johaldetailing.imgur.com/all/

for some reason, when I post pictures they turn out HUGE

AFTERS

Free complimentary interior vacuum

mmmm polished stainless steel

#23 ·
E46 M3

In for a "stage 1" polish

The process

Wash
Clay
M205 polish w/ white pads on the Porter Cable
Chemical Guy's Blacklight
Chemical Guy's Jetseal 109
Dodo juice Hard candy wax
Wheels were sonax'ed and dressed
Exhaust tips were hit with #0000 steel wool and some metal polish
Class was cleaned

I only have after shots.. Sorry lol

:drool

#28 ·
here are some tesers of another M3 we are working on. We spent 5.5 hours alone on washing, claying, masking, and compounding the car. Still needs a lot, polish, another wash, glaze, sealant, a few coats of wax, other misc things like the wheels, glass, exhaust etc..

Interior still needs everything!

#29 ·
Alright folks! here are some updates! We just completed a 2007 E90 328i (full detail), 2003 330i Zhp sedan, and a 2002 M3 coupe!

I only have pictures of the E90 ready to post right now..

The car received everything, lol!

wash
clay
M105 with pc
Menzerna SIP with PC
wash
Jetseal 109 with pc
chemical guys paste wax hand applied for the final touch
glass cleaned
wheels sonax'ed and dressed
exhaust tips polished and some #0000 steel wool
black trim was also dressed

Interior
wipe down
clean seats
condition seats
vacuum
aerospace protectant on dash and all plastics
spot clean drivers carpet (only carpet that needed it!)

on to a huge pic dump..

They are bleeding, lol! (It's all of the iron deposits and brake dust!)

And the AFTERS

no bugs

polished the tails back to perfection

cleaned the engine

blurry but clean

car turned out great, and more importantly the owner was happy with the results.

#31 ·
I still need to post the E46 M3 I detailed..

But here is a 1995 AW E34 that needed a full exterior detail.

The car needed work, lots and lots of it, lol! It was a joy to work on, the 18in style 5's are truly a gorgeous wheel!

The car received:

Wash
Clay
Wash + degrease all the door jambs, engine, trunk jambs, gas tank cap/filler area.
M105 + Menzerna SIP in certain areas
Menzerna IP over the whole car
CG Jetseal 109 for protection
CG XXX Carnuba wax for the final touch
Glass cleaned
Wheels cleaned and dressed (sonax'ed)
Engine was 303'd
Exhaust tips cleaned and hit with some #0000 steel wool
Interior vacuum and wipe down
Black trim was treated and dressed

Car turned out like a gem after! I will have the "proper" after photos up hopefully tomorrow!

most cars require 3-4 orange pads.. This used 8!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.